IMM 5.36% 29.5¢ immutep limited

prr history..it will play a part, page-2

1. 978 Posts.
    Here is a bit of early history which new shareholders may not know about.

I first posted this on 12/10/09 Hot Copper.

I have gone back over the ASX announcements for PRR and given a brief sketch of the history of some of the watershed events which have marked out this company. I can remember most of these since I have been a holder and keen follower of this company for many years. PRR first started its biotech research work with the scientists at the Austin Research Institute Melbourne who saw the potential in going down this path and then came up with the research goods after many years of hard slogging in the labs.

BTW: The highest share price for Prima Biomed was in February 2002 when it was 72c. This occurred 7 months after it had changed from a mining company called Prima Resources to a biotech company called Prima Biomed. At this stage there were around 39 million shares listed.

I have listed what I see as 3 significant events in the early past history of this company.

1. Announcement about change from mining company called Prima Resources to Biotech company called Prima Biomed.
    4 July 2001:

"As you are aware Prima has recently completed a major reconstruction involving a change in its underlying activities to medical and biotechnology development.
    I am pleased to report that the conditions precedent in relation to the proposal with the Austin Research Institute ("ARI") as described in the recent Information Memorandum, have been satisfied and we anticipate being reinstated for quotation on the Australian Stock Exchange within the next week.
    Initially we are concentrating on ARI's two most advanced
    projects relating to rheumatoid arthritis and the treatment of solid tumours in cancer.
    On re-listing the Company's market capitalisation, at the issue price of 20 cents per share, is $6.7 million on a total issued capital of 33.58 million shares with $3.5 million cash at bank.

2. Announcement about Cancer Vac beginning phase 1 trials:

PRESS RELEASE 26 July 2001

Prima Biomed Ltd, which recently resumed trading is pleased to announce that its subsidiary biotechnology company Cancer Vac Ltd has commenced Stage 1of its Phase I human clinical trial. This trial has been designed to evaluate Cancer Vac's technology in the field of Cancer Immunotherapy and specifically to show toxicity profiles and immune responses in cancer patients.

Cancer Immunotherapy is one of the most exciting areas of
    biotechnology today and Prima Biomed has a strong competitive position through its intellectual property and relationship with world renowned scientists at the ARI who are at the forefront of such research.

3. Announcement about first news on Cvac success for humans:

Human Trial In Cancer Demonstrates Immune Responses -Tumours Thursday, 9 May 2002.

Prima Biomed's (ASX: PRR) subsidiary Cancer Vac Limited today announced successful interim results of its Phase I human trial conducted in Melbourne. Patients have shown production of specific immune cells (T cells) that will make the body recognise the cancer cells as foreign and lead to attack. This was demonstrated after immunising cancer patients and was not associated with any toxic side effects.

The future for this company looks very positive especially given the detection of an immune response from the very first first trial in 2002!

cheers
    Birdseye

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
29.5¢
Change
0.015(5.36%)
Mkt cap ! $428.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
28.5¢ 30.5¢ 28.0¢ $833.4K 2.824M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 388130 29.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
30.0¢ 39940 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IMM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.