IMM 0.00% 34.0¢ immutep limited

prr..mr.. cvac ... what's going on .. now

1. 2,306 Posts.
    Just received an exciting response from Martin Rogers ( CEO of Prima Biomed ) this morning to an email I sent recently, paraphrased ' on behalf of some shareholders and investors.'

There were a few questions in many of our minds which was asked of him.

... And as usual he kindly responded.... whilst appreciating his need for market sensitivity

... Whilst not directly share related ,... the answers are needless to say exciting and bode well for the future of Prima.

Question 1.

Is cVac currently being used as a therapy to treat Cancer patients not in trials.
    If yes , are the results encouraging ?

" 1. Yes CVac is used outside trials current in Australia under the SAS scheme. Currently it is as a compassioned use. Results show certain activity for CVac but I have to caution that it is normal to do larger controlled studies to show statistical significance across a lot of patients. "

Question 2.

cVac appears to offer such an exceptional treatment. Can cVac ' go to market without or prior to FDA approval ?

2. This is a complicated question. Simply put FDA approval is for the United States of America and this is the rules and regulations of the US. However, in countries outside of the US we must and do follow other regulations and some of these could potentially mean that there is an earlier approval that what would be in the US. For the US we are undertaking a robust, well controlled phase III study. There is a lot more detail in explaining drug approvals. On the other side this provides a high barrier to entry and also ensures patient safety first(but some argue that it holds back potentially beneficial drugs) there is more to it than a simple one line answer. "

Question 3.

With the advances and inroads being made into 'immunotherapy ' , do you forsee somewhere in the future that it may lead not only to a ' treatment ' to prolong life for cancer sufferers but ultimately become a preventative , or cancer eliminating therapy ?

" 3. Possibly, there is more talk about cancer becoming manageable and less toxic resulting in better quality of life first. Prevention is currently on viruses causing cancer, outside of this discoveries appear to be far away. To give you an idea the original patents for CVac were lodged in Melbourne in 1994 and we have done 13 years of human clinical testing so far.

Question 4

Is Prima Biomed currently working in conjunction with , or does it intend to work with Dendreon in the future in regards to the sharing of knowledge and resources with regards to the development of immunotherapy ?

" 4. I cannot comment on this question but to say we are always looking for increasing shareholder value. "

Question 5

Whilst cVac is primarily targeting Ovarian cancer, which other cancers do you believe cVac Immunotherapy may present as being a possible therapy for in the future ?

" 5. Mucin-1 positive cancers are the next targets for Prima. I would suggest cancers such as breast, kidney, lung, colorectal etc. "

This confirms and hopefully helps paint a picture of where we are at and where PRR is going

... Question 4 .. still interests me... even more so with MR's response.

... and only time will tell ... but this email only further reinforces my belief in what cVac is all about

... and how exciting is it that it IS currently being used to aid cancer sufferers already

.... and that the processes they are going through are being done correctly

... and that FDA is not the be all and end all to getting cVac to market

... and cVac will be targeting other cancers

... and .. and ... and

Is it me ... but ...with such an email... can't help but get a little excited

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
34.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $493.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
34.5¢ 35.0¢ 33.5¢ $724.1K 2.106M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 60483 34.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
34.5¢ 55452 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IMM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.