TLS 1.09% $3.62 telstra group limited

For myself, now that the Prime minister has gone for the levy,...

1. 916 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    For myself, now that the Prime minister has gone for the levy, and not cut back the NBN proposal, TLS may be a prudent investment to be sitting in holding its shares with the "double chance" of [1] an agreement with the NBN possibly to be announced in a few days which has previously been stated will pump billions into telstra`s coffers which may create a buying demand and may in turn a s/p increase. i think the s/p hit approx $3.40 when the NBN deal involving $11 billion to telstra was announced last year.
    Secondly, while sitting in the stock, and also the gaining the other double chance [2] of what may be considered as one of the best percentage dividend returns in the asx market, and also receiving the 100% franking to negate the tax on the divident. That entitlement is approx. only 2 to 3 weeks away.
    i cannot get anything near that percentage return from keeping money in the bank while at the same time having the possibility of the NBN announcement kicking the share price up.
    The other aspect of telstra is that they appear to be a very defensive stock against falls on bad market days, as i have noticed that when the share market has a down day, TLS usualy either maintains its s/p or goes up a little bit.

These are only my thoughts for myself, i am not an investment advisor, so do your own research.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.62
Change
-0.040(1.09%)
Mkt cap ! $41.82B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.67 $3.68 $3.61 $73.49M 20.25M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 211809 $3.62

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.63 336517 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.