I think Isaiah 43:28 is a general observation that spans...

1. 6,466 Posts.

I think Isaiah 43:28 is a general observation that spans religious history. It starts with, 'your first father sinned' and this is a reference to Adam as a generic first father. Adam also represents the spiritual journey of each of us.

Adam and Eve represent the eternal spirit, Adam and the life force, Eve of each of us and our journey in the paradise where we must live in a relative state where both good and evil exist and we must constantly choose between these states.

So when the first father sinned, that means we all contain the seeds of goodness and evil. It is an inherent trait of being human.

The princes of the sanctuary are likely to be the religious rulers of every religious outpouring who because they are human, they will eventually contaminate every religion they claim to represent through all the ages.

By the time Christianity was trying to be regenerated by the Jehovah Witness it was already a corrupted religion beyond redemption. We know this because Christ said that we could not pour new wine into and old wineskin. Christianity is the old wineskin and all the various new forms of Christianity are the new wine that simply can not resuscitate Christianity.

I believe this Isaiah passage is explaining that all leaders of religions eventually corrupt their own religions and that every religion will fail given enough time.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.