SYT 0.00% 0.1¢ syntonic limited

Good article to help you with your research:...

1. 28 Posts.
    Good article to help you with your research:
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/02/09/india-rejects-facebook-s-free-internet.html

It seems Facebook had trouble with similar service in India; however, those against the proposition seem solely concerned about net neutrality and that free internet to nominated site/apps gives corporations too much power in providing unequal access.

That view is probably rooted in the empirical fact that corporations take advantage of disadvantaged countries. Yet, a sponsored skype/facetime call, document/file download, or the plethora of other internet uses are useful for all except for business who cannot disrupt operations with commercials and ads. Especially in regions where data prices are meaningfully  higher than disposable income or where they have no internet at all, those living in these areas would find value in free (sponsored) internet. Its the people who would actually use it who will demand it, not those with lofty and noble, but currently unobtainable net neutrality ideals.

If governments cannot provide affordable data, but corporations can, then with time governments will opportunistically see the benefit of taxing the corporations providing the data service and it will gain popularity.  

*I bought at 4.9, whoops. Regardless, I'm not going to cut and losses as I see potential and I'll be long term. In fact, I just sold some OOO to top up here.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.