SYT 0.00% 0.1¢ syntonic limited

PSF B/S Free Thread, page-33

1. 3,529 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 249
    Interesting article and worth considering the punch line - western imperialism - and its rejection by India over Facebook's Internet.org. However, I believe the Syntonic model is something quite different and won't rate in the Indian argument, as Syntonic's service does not come with the same strings attached, ie, Facebook's design over how its internet there is used. Obviously the so-called free FB Internet.org may be fiscally free for consumers, but potentially not content free, that is, the fear is that FB is 'manipulating' the content, or at least the way content is accessed.

Syntonic on the other hand provides free data, and yes, will also enable their pre-selected apps to be downloaded, but users are free to do so. This is certainly not an all encompassing internet system like Internet.org that has limitations built in.

My view is that sponsored data - Syntonic's Freeway - is nothing other than a better service provider which at the end of the day is what everybody wants, especially the pre-pay users of Asia and elsewhere.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.