PTL 10.3% 17.5¢ prestal holdings limited

PTL General Discussion

1. 10,301 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1371
    The 'HC' trend has been to create a 'general discussion' thread, especially for periods between half-yearly detailed company announcements.

I'll kick it off with how pleasing it is that WOW has 12 of 13 ranged PTL White King items in stock nationally.

The only exception is White King Toilet Gel in lavender, but as this excellent product is also available in eucalyptus and the relatively new marine scents, that's not a great drama for PTL.

A couple of my friends have mentioned that after trying White King products for what can be hard to clean areas like lavatories, they're convinced that WK is (in the words of one male friend) 'the only one that does the job.'

If you've not tried this famous PTL brand, it's generally to be found on the bottom shelf at WOW. At IGAs that stock White King, it can be in a batter position, but at COL, similar to WOW. I'd guess PTL doesn't want to pay the outrageous shelf placement fees that WOW/COL (and probably rapacious Aldi) demand.

COL seems to be stocking 10 White King lines, with all nominally in stock. Its search engine isn't as advanced as WOW's, as not only does it not show whether an item is available at each individual supermarket, but searching for 'White King' also brings up 'King island cheese' and a 'King Valley' white wine as the COL searching obviously can't recognise that it is really 'White+King' - a Boolean search - for which I desire results.

COL has begun stocking a second variety of the terrific Country Life bar soap, Daintree Breeze to add to how it and WOW have always stocked the Fresh Linen one. I've tried the DB one: it doesn't seem to be as heavily scented as FL.

COL is also stocking well regarded Velvet soap, a PTL 'heritage line' that Australians older than me may recall as a laundry staple.

At WOW and COL, these Country Life and Velvet bar soaps will always be on the bottom shelf so peer down. Occasionally they are on special but pleasingly with CL PTL has been receiving more per packet as the retail price is $4.20: two years ago it was $3.20. Cost increases for inputs like tallow have occurred, plus wage and especially energy price rises.

I haven't been to one recently as they're not close by, but the 75 Ritchies nationally (a family chain that's part of MTS' IGAs) should have an excellent range of PTL products as Fred Harrison is on the PTL Board.

What's most pleasing about the above is that 'out of stocks' due to COVID-19 appear to have been minimised. Nothing worse than being unable to find a brand and having to switch to an inferior competitor.

I don't hold PTL any longer (for the time being) but swear by its quality products, so please give them a go even if you have to stoop down to find them. smile.png
    Last edited by Hopeful9: 11/04/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PTL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
17.5¢
Change
-0.020(10.3%)
Mkt cap ! $29.83M
Open High Low Value Volume
19.5¢ 19.5¢ 17.5¢ $47.80K 253.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 130151 17.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
18.5¢ 3050 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.55pm 21/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
19.0¢
  Change
-0.020 ( 2.56 %)
Open High Low Volume
19.5¢ 19.5¢ 18.0¢ 124646
Last updated 14.34pm 21/05/2024 ?
PTL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.