PTM 0.47% $1.05 platinum asset management limited

PTM/Regal merger possible?, page-4

1. 3,391 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 449
    I would think - given the performance of Platinum funds for a very long time - they wouldn't be averse to the idea.

There has to be a lot of disgruntled Platinum investors - both in the manager and funds they manage. Every time you think this is the time for Platinum to shine - they somehow manage to go nowhere.

They ridiculed the valuations of tech - tech falls off a cliff - they still go nowhere. I can't work out if it is a case of not backing themselves - or Andrew Clifford and Rob Luciano are long lost relatives - living out their lives as multi millionaire investment managers who get everything wrong.

In all seriousness, I do feel sorry for Phil, and the Rob situation. I am wondering how long he will let him go about his merry way - which is nowhere - before the risk to the brand becomes too much.

When you are charging premium fees - you can't really have the stench of VGI funds in the foreground. He has already taken control of VG8; I wouldn't be surprised to see a bigger role in the broader scheme of things.

I kind of like the nimble basis of Regal and the low FUM, relative to others like Platinum and Magellan. I don't know many fund managers that do better with more FUM - the opposite is usually true.

Ashamedly, I am a holder of VG1 and VG8. I am also a holder of Regal Partners by virtue of my shares obtained previously in VGI Partners.

Considering VGI, the management company, got up to 15 bucks - and are now worth about 2.60 - through the new merged entity - safe to say - fail.

The big question is, will listed fund managers ever be back in vogue? Passive management and ETFs are slaughtering the industry.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PTM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.05
Change
-0.005(0.47%)
Mkt cap ! $611.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.06 $1.07 $1.05 $1.623M 1.542M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 22007 $1.05

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.06 5599 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PTM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.