PTX 4.65% 4.1¢ prescient therapeutics limited

I read the article earlier which arrived amongst my emails and...

1. 7,790 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3318
    I read the article earlier which arrived amongst my emails and immediately thought "Dalts will find this interesting"! Lo and behold you had seen it too.

I wondered if Kras targeted therapies could possibly have applications beyond oncology. There has been a move away from immunotherapies for the treatment of cancer to the treatment of immune-based diseases lately. It's been stated that treating cancer with immunotherapy is proving very difficult and too challenging. And, there we go... Lumakras found successful in treating a rare non-oncological disease in humans. Whether PTX-100 could have potential beyond cancer is an unknown and different matter... and one thing at a time, I guess! LOL

Quite an astounding result with Lumakras. This according to the article:-

Meanwhile, Canaud’s lab was studying KRAS in mouse models and found that in KRAS-mutated mice, administering Lumakras reduced blood vessel abnormalities. Mutant mice dosed with Lumakras also lived longer than those who were not.

The first patient in the new study had “severe and growing” AVM on the right side of his face since birth, for which he had received 11 surgeries that had led him to become blind in his right eye. He was receiving opioids for pain from the growth and faced frequent bleeding, but had no other options left and was suggested palliative care.

Then, after he started Lumakras, he stopped taking opioids and antibiotics in just three months. His pain, bleeding and fatigue improved. At two years, the volume of the growth on the right side of his face decreased by nearly a third, and his appearance looked noticeably different.

“This patient was in the ICU permanently,” Canaud said. “And right now he has not been hospitalized since two and a half years [ago], which is amazing for him.”

Last edited by Shellbell: Today, 00:42

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PTX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.1¢
Change
-0.002(4.65%)
Mkt cap ! $33.01M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.1¢ 4.2¢ 4.1¢ $1.449K 34.97K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 47170 4.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.2¢ 160224 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PTX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.