LYC 0.34% $5.93 lynas rare earths limited

Damned Internet.... I transcribed the last 90 minutes into a...

1. 615 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 171

Damned Internet.... I transcribed the last 90 minutes into a post....without saving.  I think I ran over the word limit on HC and it just froze my page and didnt' allow me to recover it. 

Crux of it ..nothing bad.  Formal proceedings got interesting when Fuzzy, tan Bun Teet and Wong TAck took their turn to question the panel. 

TBT did most of the ranting waving pictures and asking where is the PDF.   

He waved a lot of pictures of the site and how the floods in 2014 would have leaked out radioactive wastes.  He also said he had been taking samples at the 'point of source' every three months and found contaminated samples...tested by some lab...but he did not provide that proof.  he did a lot whining about where the PDF is.

Wong Tack came out and started ratning about how the 4 ministers approving the TOL who are no longer in Govt must be corrupt. and that the Licence should be revoked.  He was shut down - because he didn't actually ask a question....the idiot....

They also slagged off the Govt fro Gold Mines. Tin Mines and Palm Oil plantations.  Our friend  Wong Tack was sitting there as if  he was blameless .  Oh ...It was the other PLantation operators who are bad...

Amanda and Lynas took the to the panel too.  Nothing too good or too bad.  Question about PDF and Condisoil - no new information.   The Govt panel did ask what it was reported that NUF was non Toxic but it was implied that Condisoil was too.  They want definite statements.  Not sure what that was about.

One thing I wasn't happy about was a question from the Govt Panel to Lynas - about whether they would accept the PDf as a solution to waste disposal.  One of the local staff responded - that they invested in the Recycling Option because they believed firmly that it will work.  I would have been more comfortable with a simple Yes. 

There was a free for all section at the end.   Fuzzy took the mike ..Announced that She is the Govt Now.  She believes in Sustainable  Growth and Development, eco balance etc...and Lynas is not Eco Friendly, Not anything.  She wants Lynas Out.  She will not allow it!  We dodged the bullet with her being dropped as the Chairman of the Panel!!  Or it would have been a shambles and she would have been kicked out of Parliament.  She complained that Lynas has not addressed the dangers of internal emitters of radiation..(it was addressed by the IAEA guys earlier).

Wow! THis is where the looney tunes come out...a lot of ranting and yelling about what Lynas was doing about Cancer int he community(...???)  Ok...Too much Malaysian English and yelling... My ears are bleeding    I can't listen to this drivel and there is no actual point in the ranting. 

The review panel said several times and shut down all feedback which was just wild ranting and  unquantifiable complaints.   I don't expect any of the rest of this "free for all" to yield anything life changing.

Long and Short - I think it will be a good outcome.  Hopefully we will see a controlled climb in share price and a boost at decision time.

Last edited by InvestorExx: 11/11/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.93
Change
-0.020(0.34%)
Mkt cap ! $5.542B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.04 $6.04 $5.93 $23.75M 3.975M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 128544 $5.92

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.95 12481 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.