GNS 0.00% 16.0¢ gunns limited

pulp non fiction, page-38

1. 328 Posts.
    Osake, don't be paranoid - I didn't have you down as an "undercover green" at all. Always thought your interest was investment.

The new mill appears to have a budget of USD1.9 billion. Seems to be in the Bell Bay mills range.

As Lordo and I have tried to demonstrate, unless you know what's in and what's out of the budget, its not easy to benchmark one against the other.

I know that you'll find key components are manufactured by European companies. Do you know that they don't do manufacturing in Asia? Not withstanding that, when I write of modules I mean bloody big ones. Ones that you can only do if you have a deep sea port on the mill site. Like 500 tonnes plus. Take my word for it - they will be fabricated in Asia. You don't need an Austrian fitter and welder doing pipe work, structural steel framework, walkways, tanks etc when it can be done in China or Thailand for a fraction of the price. The key parts of a bleach line might come from Sweden but the bits that go around it or join it together don't need to.

BTW, no one barges product that is destined for export unless they have no option. It's usually called desperation. Don't give us that "efficient
    loading for trans ocean shipments" nonsense.

And please don't repeat the myth of pulp mills beside the Amazon. No one believes that one anymore. It catches you out. Apart from the Aracruz mill, I cannot recall having visited (I hope that has you guessing!) any other Brazilian mill that doesn't have its pulp initially depart the mill on the back of a truck.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GNS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.