GNS 0.00% 16.0¢ gunns limited

pulp non fiction, page-7

1. 499 Posts.
    Just a few comments . I ve been in the pulp and paper business in a large Finnish consulting enginnering group as well as being an investor in the pulp and paper industry as well as traded pulp and paper products over 30 years. My comments are made from this basis . PGW and CTMP pulping technologies are very effective for the maufacture of pulp for printing and writing and mechanical papers over all grades . Australia is a big importer of these papers with a value of over $ 1 billion and growing. This does not include newsprint. The BKP project must compete with the South American BKP plants which are more cost competitive than an Australian BKP plant.
    Intergrated pulp and paper mills as an investment are way more profitable than stand alone BKP mills.In Australia an investment in a combined CTMP and PGW plant - next to a sawmill even better and a port eg Bell Bay - is a gold mine on Australian paper prices . The amount of wood required would be about 50 - 70 % of the raw wood for a 1 MTPA BKP plant - which requires around 4 million tons of raw wood. Two paper machines of 500 000 tpa each over 3 - 4 grades is a gold mine - I know the figures - as I was involved in a confidential project with large pulp and paper group which studied this option for 6 months.The company was not Australian as no paper company in Australia thinks on this scale nor do they have the management to undertake this kind of project .

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GNS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.