WFL 0.00% 0.3¢ wellfully limited

pulsed electromagnetic fields (pemf) and tdd, page-4

1. 2,304 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 328
    Ramses, I'll try.

Many other researchers on OBJ have identifed that, for a host of reasons, alternative drug delivery systems are a priority area for big pharma. See Surges post today (Elan's white paper) as a good read and other posters have also identifed; the impending patent cliff, an overloaded health care system, patients forgetting to take medication orally, the inactivation of some drugs by the liver and steady absorption of drugs over hours or days being preferable to the blood level spikes and troughs produced by oral dosage forms.

Enter Transdermal Drug Delivery (TDD) as one of many ways at helping out with these issues. There are a bunch of delivery vehicles in this area. Patch technology is most prevalent. Most patches belong to one of two general types the reservoir system, and the matrix (or drug-in-adhesive) system.

OBJ has another method that uses a magnetic field to assist the permeation process. This works (possibly) because the magnetic field may temporarily produce pores in the skin thru which the drugs can travel to access the circulatory system.

What attracts me to OBJ's technology is that it is based on physical methods (magnetic fields) to support delivery rather than the chemical methods. Having said that I understand that there is also another physical method that uses ultrasound to assist the permeation.

Hope this doesn't confuse the issue further

bluebush

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WFL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.