ALK 0.00% 42.0¢ alkane resources limited

Pump n Dump, page-37

1. 1,239 Posts.
    "Well... His view is a possible outcome, so I don't see any reason to get frustrated over it. "
    Unsubstantiated claiming of a "pump and dump" is not about an outcome but about motives. He's not saying "I expect Alk to go higher on news and than go lower again" which would be perfectly fine. He is putting forward a conspiracy theory, claiming that "they" - whoever they may be; him not being able to name anybody is one reason for frustration but typical of conspiracy theories - conspire to drive the SP up with untruths, then sell, to the detriment of the general buying public. Falsely accusing others without proof is frowned upon both by the law and by most moral systems.

"The recent accumulation could not be accounted to the mediocre quaterly and a NSW paced approval, so the pump theory is somewhat valid."
    Whut?? Who is pumping?? I haven't seen more than 2 broker reports on Alks website and a few news outlets (and "news outlets" like proactive investors") reacting to the quarterly, which has been standing procedure for the last 3 years. The current quarterly showed that at present gold prices Tomingley will make ~50 million in op profit in 2015 alone. Add our cash, gold and RRL shares and we are currently trading at 2x op profit from Tomingley.
    Also, the float is rather tight, so if you want to accumulate any serious amounts of shares you need to start before the green light. The way our SP moved is perfectly in line with current shareholders adding to their positions over time and slowly driving the price back up after heavy dumping by two hedge funds* brought us to an artificial low. (*discussed by management in an interview I am too lazy to look for right now)

"Regardless, most of us have probably averaged out at low 20's and are sitting tight for the announcements/rerate. Each of us that have done our homework, would have weighted the risk with potential, and IMO seen the potential profits to be made here.
    Agreed.

"So I thank legs for being the nay sayer, as you need at least one to keep it real."
    Unsubstantiated bashing is not keeping it real, it's just bashing. I have criticized management often enough over the last years and pointed out lots of problems and risks. There is a big difference between the two ...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ALK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
42.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $253.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
42.0¢ 43.8¢ 41.5¢ $379.9K 893.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2998 42.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
42.5¢ 9758 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ALK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.