sorry last post - glitch "Hydro power that was installed in...

1. 80,730 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    sorry last post - glitch

"Hydro power that was installed in Tasmania in the 1970s is still working and now even supplying power to the national energy grid. Technology will come and go but water will never go out of fashion,"

hmmm, sort of

it's only exported when they can make a profit out of it - and, that profit is deemed by the pricing of the power at the time - not the amount generated really.

Tassie also imports via the same cable -- a LOT of power.

It would be a different argument if Tassie didn't have large industrial users who buy power at dirt cheap rates - alum. smelters and paper.

there is definitely a place for water - but, IMO - not where it's dry - and, that is unfortunately, most of Australia.

there's no hydro in Tassie midlands - that's because it's very very very dry - the land of dust storms where you can leave a Samboy out and it won't go soggy

to be honest - I think Australia probably should have gone nuclear ages back - - we have the space, we have stable geology, we have the fuel and we have the space to put the waste and, we have the standards and engineering to make it work safely

but, again - in this day and age - I am sure glad it's not me making the decisions.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.