"It's NOT an expensive way to store energy " it's not? well,...

1. 80,732 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    "It's NOT an expensive way to store energy "

it's not?

well, since pumped hydro is more expensive than non pumped - this will be great news to the hydro in Tasmania who struggled with the massive capital costs and their ramifications for about 5 decades --

perhaps you are in the wrong gig - go and consult with them - they will be all ears at your ideas on costs ??

for some reason - they think it's really difficult - so difficult in fact that they haven't put in pumped systems - even though -

EVEN though - they already have the top dams in place, the generators in place - the excess space in place for more generators, the water run off from existing generation - why all they need to do is to pump the stuff back up the hill - AND they have their windfarms to do that - AND a cable to buy power cheap from the mainland -

BUT ------------- they, for some strange reason don't think it's viable - whereas you - the expert on these matters - think that you can just drop in massive infrastructure builds in the middle of the desert and do it cheaply

wow

gees - give us you number and I will pass it on to the top levels of Hydro Tas - yes, I do have the connections btw

am I in the right forum here - or is this the humor forum?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.