I'm sure some of us could have some interesting discussion face...

1. 3,046 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 115
    I'm sure some of us could have some interesting discussion face to face, there seems to be a lot of misunderstanding in the written word.
    "I called the Tassie crisis months and months before it happened"
    Locals involved in the system saw this coming when they de-commissioned the oil/gas plant years before this latest crisis. It was a standing joke for years. I cant believe the idiots in SA didn't see this as a warning.
    If you are as close to the hydro or what ever they call themselves now, as you reckon you are, then you will be well aware of the internal disagreements and crisis that have been a continual part of their history.
    Mis-management at its finest, and nothing has changed. Reports from insiders confirm this on a regular basis. The development, or lack of, in tas, as anywhere else, has more to do with politics and incompetence than anything else.
    This is why I started aiming for what I have now, in 1975. I the early 90s I lived in a tent for months, then in a converted bus for years, while working shift work, to get the piece of land that I could afford and was suitable (almost) for what I wanted to achieve.
    Nothing is achieved without sacrifice and hard work, and that is something that the vegies that try and run the show need to realise. They have completely lost the plot, so have some of the keyboard warriors who are so far out of touch with reality and hard work it is unbelievable.
    Have you looked up the Ellendale power project? Another bloke with a vision and the guts to get his hands dirty put his money where his mouth is and have a crack, in spite of the dickheads in the hydro delaying him by more than a decade. I am pleased there are still a few of us left. There are about a dozen that I know of who will not be in the hot water when it starts to boil. I'm not sure how the rest explain it to their kids and grand kids.
    No power failures or power bills or water treated with chemicals here, for decades.
    You get what you vote for, or you accept some responsibility and do something about it yourself.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.