morning, arrh - little water needed you see -- it's a mostly...

1. 81,009 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    morning,

arrh - little water needed you see -- it's a mostly closed system, so they only need to add the water once - so, in the most Arid continent in the world - there is no need for large dam infrastructure - they will just take 10 billion little bottles of water to the top sauce pan (with lid) - fill the pan - let it drop to the bottom sauce pan (with lid) and generate power - then, they wait for the wind to blow - and when it does and has some surplus (when no one is charging their electric car or using the ac - they pump the water from the bottom sauce pan to the top sauce pan again. Any evaporation or leakage on the way down/up can be topped up by additional millions of liters of little bottles of water.

Of course when I did the numbers on a far smaller system I was stunned by how big a sauce pan one needed at either end - but, I am sure they have that all figured out

Hopefully, when they dig the holes for the sauce pans they don't run into any of that nasty coal - they would have to cover that so we don't get covered in coal gas - apparently it's dangerous.

If you think I am completely jesting -- just check the numbers

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.