I have, in the past, written my thoughts and opinions on both...

1. 718 Posts.
    I have, in the past, written my thoughts and opinions on both Abbott and Gillard and the Liberal and Labor Parties. I will be voting Citizens Electoral Council in the reps and Greens in the Senate. Liberals will be placed last, and Labor second last on my ballot paper.

So now you know my position as to my vote tomorrow, the prospect of Abbott as Prime Minister is not one that fills me with confidence. Having said that, Gillard and the Labor Party need to be punished for, in particular, what they did to Rudd. Now Rudd had his shortcomings, that is for sure. He was very dictatorial, treated many with contempt e.g. the Air force Jet steward affair, and others, was universally despised by many within the public service, 24/7 Kevin to name but a few examples.

But he was made Prime Minister by his party room as a result of the Labor Party winning the last election and I do believe we the people should have been given an opportunity to pass our judgment upon him, and indeed more particularly, he had a right in my view to go to the people at a time of his choosing. The manner in which he was disposed was frankly, despicable. Gillard is, in short, a cold calculating power and control driven person and does not deserve to remain as PM in my opinion.

So - we may well be left with Mr Abbott. He has promised not to introduce industrial relations laws in his first term but then again, can he be trusted? I think not. Industrial laws are the Liberal Party in its purist form, the backbone of the champions of big business at the behest of the average Joe. The Liberals of course have beaten the boat people drum, using the time honored tactic of playing on peoples fears, well learnt from the Howard days and is perhaps the best weapon in their arsenal against the Labor government as it has hit a particular resonance with many people.

So - we all know that this is a two horse race. It will be either Liberal or Labor who wins government tomorrow though there are some signs that point to the strong prospect of a hung parliament. All the signs point to a cliff hanger and we may not know the result of the election for some days.

But one thing is for sure - will it be tweedle dumb or tweedle dumber who will form a government of the Commonwealth of Australia?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.