BRU 2.41% 8.1¢ buru energy limited

Due to the recent confirmation of PUP control of the senate I...

1. 129 Posts.
    Due to the recent confirmation of PUP control of the senate I consider that Australia is about to endure a new pro business political experience similar to that following the Howard Govt 2004 election where power was held in both houses by a pro business agenda, the difference being that this time the controlling force is Clive - a real life homegrown successful business person, someone with supreme marketing and political nouse, someone thoroughly pro Australian with a pragmatic understanding of commercial reality, someone who is prepared to shake things up and take a few risks and best of all someone prepared to have a bit of fun.

Furthermore the guy loves duking it out with a compromised media (be it ABC or the Stokes/Murdoch programmers). When's the last time you saw someone tell the ABC's Tony Jones to shut up and stop interrupting ? I am also unaware of Murdoch issuing any defamation writ against Clive for his outburst on channel 9 just prior to last years election which suggests….

It has been said by observers that Australia is the lucky country, not meaning virtuous, on the contrary it implied our success had little to do with being responsible for our own luck. The term lucky country when first applied meant that we were in fact lucky to enjoy the success we historically have due to our second rate leadership (business and political) given our colonial outpost mentality. Abbptt's recent Sirs/Dames reintroduction means I certainly concur with this "lucky country" view. If only we could emulate the likes of the Danes with their sovereign wealth fund controlling 5% of world equities pursuant to their own resources boom. What have we got to show for ours?? Australia a clever country. We wish !!

I guess the fact that voters have promoted Clive indicates that our political system has an in built release valve (likely unintended) which kicks in when the major parties lay impotent and moribund. Lets face it, when's the last time you were proud of the capacity/capability of any of our leaders past/present !!

Am I happy that Clive is in control of the country? However, I must disclose that I did get a $50 bet on at 21:1 that PUP would win 3 senate seats thus explaining 95% of my jubilation (despite it taking nearly 6 months to collect!!)

The fact that Clive saw the opportunity and ran with it, invested millions in the process is indeed lucky because without it we may have had three more years of stagnation. Instead I anticipate that we are about to get a massive injection of stimulation. WA especially.

We have long wished that an entrepreneurial leader would come along and get interested on a political level and hither to now all those hopes have amounted to nothing because the lure of political life is not sufficient to attract real talent. Malcolm Turnbull is an example of a talent gone missing post transitioning to politics (mind you he only lost his leadership by 1 vote to Abbott). Anyone can see that he has trashed the NBN because it's not in Rupert's interests.

Am I suggesting that CLive is without self interest. Of course not. I think he will likely see a refund of mining/carbon taxes paid and/or the fast track of the galilea basin matters to his benefit which at the end of the day is his prize for having the balls to start a new political party 2 months before a federal election. Notwithstanding, I do consider that Clive is leader with extremely likeable qualities namely a generous spirit and a genuine "fair go" mentality.

Time will tell if my prediction that Australia is about to endure the next boom in investment is correct. I only hope that the affectation of pro business policy (with a human touch) gets instituted asap and the PUP controlling the upper house being the conduit.

Regards

JC

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.1¢
Change
-0.002(2.41%)
Mkt cap ! $54.37M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.3¢ 8.3¢ 8.1¢ $34.59K 423.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 79984 7.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.1¢ 37518 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BRU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.