Puppy Palmer loses Appeal.

1. 44,198 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 642
    "Clive Palmer has lost his Court of Appeal bid to have criminal charges against him and his company thrown out, with three judges determining he "abused" the court process.

"In the decision handed down today, Justice Jean Dalton said the delay Mr Palmer and his legal team caused, involving two matters, "were an abuse of the process of this court because they interfered with the proper administration of criminal justice according to law".

"The first matter in the complaint relates to the Coolum Resort prosecution.In 2018, charges were brought against Mr Palmer and his company, Palmer Leisure Coolum, by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) over a failed takeover bid of timeshare villas in 2012.

"The second complaint, dubbed the "Cosmo prosecution", relates to further ASIC charges, relating to Mr Palmer's political party, the Palmer United Party."
    . ..... ABC LINK

for me he never had any appeal. a repugnant man. very like Trump only lacking all the qualities that made Trump successful.

Palmer's successes often seem to occur in court. this time wasn't one. I guess he failed in his legal argument. to me the quotes above seem to say wasting the court's time with bluff and argument. he seems to overlook the evidence.

I really don't get why anyone would ever think him worth voting for let alone believe anything he says. but then I don't get Trump either.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.