Puppy Palmer loses Appeal., page-14

1. 44,204 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 642
    I get your meaning. the court system is rough and subject to such balance that victims, particularly those who've suffer sexual assault and domestic violence, have to experience all the trauma repeatedly during the process.

and the Aboriginal people in the bin is a horrendous blight on our society. our culture and appreciation of the rights of those whose culture differs.

and certainly money buys more experienced and successful lawyers.

yet to liken any of this to the Rum Corp remains something of a Godwin.

I doubt any of us who've survived this world without recourse to the law would be rare indeed. I was taught to write every note with the coroner in mind. it kept me from being needed in coroners cases a few times. and divorce? what a nightmare it is for all concerned. but its a long chalk better than many.

as I see it the problems result from legislation and Govt succumbing to the idiocy of tough on crime election promises. laws, and the way laws are used against some sections of our community, are written from the standpoint of elections and public demands as much as from ideology.

if we are to develop a better system of justice we need to get shot of professional party politicians.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.