MEL 33.3% 0.4¢ metgasco ltd

pure metgasco, page-40

1. 1,604 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 407
    Seam Friend

Always doggy geology is the matter of the crux.

But when the production engineer hears: no or little water, he`ll get excited because that means low producton costs.

But first the well has to be drilled. Yes it is possible to drill underbalanced multi laterals. But again every reservoir and even every well is unique. That means you need the right geology or lets say a geology that delivers a good wellbore stability to drill such a hole. This can work here but fails there. Or it can mean that you can drill only 100 m with a risk (for example to loose the drill string or even the well) you want to take or 300 m, or even 1000 m in such a reservoir, horizontal and underbalanced.

PS: I expect that at least 90% of the Australian CBM will be disapeared one nice day after 2014 (start of LNG export). Perhaps we see 1 or 2 years delay (because this LNG harbours are very big sophisticated projects) but at the end all his little unconventional companies will be gone into the stomach of the big ones. Happend to the unconventional gas companies in Colorado or lets say US from 2003 to 2007 too. So whenever I got some hard earned money left I invest into one of these australian CBM companies. At the end sombody will pay strategic prices and I will have earned easy money ;-))

PPS: by the way, does anybody watch the progress of the LNG facilities and harbours?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.