LYC 1.30% $6.25 lynas rare earths limited

pure speculation, page-9

1. 5,800 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 96
    No that is NOT a stupid question. I think that is exactly what is happening.

The New York Times article was a hyped up hatchet job - possibly "encouraged" shall we say, by interestst that are not those of Lynas. I won't suggest who - that would be conspiracy theory. But a certain US company in the same field has been known to make rash statements about its own capabilities etc in the recent past, to push its share price up. But no conclusions to be drawn from that.

Of note is that the New York Times article was written and published BEFORE the actual IAEA report was released.

Others, such as the Bloomberg article that also goes to AAP, were published before the report, and were quoting an "unnamed source who is familiar with the situation" or words to that effect.

I wonder why nobody seems to have read the report properly and understand the thing? Well, perhaps somebody has - there is a buy bot hoovering up shares like crazy down at these prices...

But yes - the market seems more influenced by media headlines, and so-called "analysts' in the media, than by the actual report itself.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.25
Change
0.080(1.30%)
Mkt cap ! $5.841B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.25 $6.26 $6.17 $15.83M 2.513M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 18985 $6.22

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.25 53073 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.