OAK 0.00% 8.9¢ oakridge international limited

Point taken Londoner. Only been trading hands on since last...

1. 429 Posts.
    Point taken Londoner.
    Only been trading hands on since last August after a hiatus of about 12 years .
    The mining boom in Western Australia turbo charged the local economy and everybody was busy so there was little time for constant stock tracking, as a result we(family) dealt with brokers , still do ocassionally for off line transfers but not regular trading or broker picks , they managed to wipe out a large portion of our portfolio. I took hold and wiped another from memory 60% off , never looked at the percentage just witnessed thousands in the red then formed an investing debating social group and learnt out of desperation the way the market operates ,message reading bots has changed the investing landscape for one.
    Since then I recouped our loss's and added 90% on top of the portfolio . My biggest gains were with XPED , MOX , PLP ,ZMI plus a few industrials, there's been plenty of losses as well , with Xped my best move was staying a distant from the online forums for a little while and clearing my head then dumping a huge stake at average 8.8 after interpreting the news in a negative way resulting in insulting posts. At the time our little expert was posting at an incredibly frantic rate that must of resulted in some form of RSI
    What I learned more than anything was trading is an art that many, including intellects have trouble grasping. The most successful trader I currently know is an female hairdresser who never made it past year 10, talking to clients all day and being a savvy business operator has developed superb intuition .
    I do believe FB and like minded groups can at times be dangerous for holders trying to form a investing strategy in Xped when its based on one company.
    If it booms well everything is good and it depends on stake my stake was large so there was increased risk and stress when I interpreted the news the way I did.
    The same with Slater&Gordon , I dumped my whole stake straight after the AGM at 2.68 and some were calling me amateur. A debating group can help in these times where there is no one trying to prove they are a superstar, just facts and ideas from all angles.
    As stated as much as I believe this company could pop and I will try and jump on , I believe the MC is high we are in August and at the AGM they were confident about revenue in June July. This high lights that the MOU's with major tech companies have not as yet resulted in a substantial deal, plus Stuart Corner from IOT Australia News stated the IOT market is only growing at 10% a year please correct me if I'm wrong. Now John Stefanac is director of another IOT company Astralink Technology , I'm sure its all related but another variable to consider.
    No worries Londoner I take what you say with consideration you sound experienced and raise some good points.
    Goodluck
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OAK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.9¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $1.566M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 100000 6.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.5¢ 182500 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
OAK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.