OAK 0.00% 7.1¢ oakridge international limited

So, today an algo successfully manipulated panic selling (in...

1. 568 Posts.
    So, today an algo successfully manipulated panic selling (in absence of news). It's not the first stock on which this has happened and it wont be the last.

SP broke through support and bollinger bands on extremely high volume.

High volume tells us that instos were busy today. Up until today for the last couple of months volumes have tended to be low to average.

The high volume and big spread signals a return of volatility. Traders love volatility and without it, SP tends to drift and is easily controlled, as it has been with evidence of an algo in action for many weeks.

With today's effort XPE is back on a lot of radars. It will show up on a lot of scans tonight and so will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow. This kind of action may signal a period of accumulation. Hopefully the volatility continues. But further falls are possible. Things to watch for are the gap fill between 0.038 and 0.042 and the next level of support, which may well be below this.

I would be very surprised if the ship is leaky and we were witnessing a dump prior to bad news. There is nothing illegal about algos, and appears to be nothing illegal about "controlling" the SP. But there is something very illegal about insider trading and I would be very surprised if the insto running the algo and Xped would leave themselves open to that.

All IMO.
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OAK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.1¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $1.25M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.1¢ 7.1¢ 7.1¢ $48 678

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 622 7.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.0¢ 5000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.34pm 14/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
OAK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.