purina cat food, page-19

1. 7,761 Posts.
    Hi Adrian,

Check this:

http://www.domegarden.com.au/pest-disease-control/citrofresh/

and this

http://citrofresh.tw/old_html/download/Citrofresh%20honours%20study%20document.pdf

I originally purchased my stock from the Company, but my girlfriend has been able to source it elsewhere (and much closer to home).

The reason we both love it so much is that it is completely organic and safe to use.

When raising vegetable seeds we use what we call a 'tissue culture' method. It's not really the true tissue culture process but is this:

1. Obtain empty clear takeaway food containers (rectangular works best) with lids. Clean thoroughly.

2. Place a single layer of tissue on bottom of container and wet with a small amount of water, but also tip off any excess water so that it is not so saturated.

3. Sprinkle with seeds.

4. Label and place in warm sunlit window ledge.

5. Wait until seeds start to emerge, and this is easily visible through the container, or if you must lift the lid, you can view the seedlings more closely.

6. If seeds look as if they have started to develop shoots (as well as roots), separate out to trays of seed raising mix with tweezers and label once more. We find we have a high success rate with this method. The reason we use a single sheet of tissue, is that the roots will get tangled in a double layer of tissue, but separate very easily from a single layer.

7. If you are sprouting beans or peas, do the above, but store them in a dark cupboard (not the window ledge).

8. If the seeds/seedlings start to develop any mould, spray them with Citrofresh and the mould will die, but the seedlings will not be harmed.

9. First used this method with considerable (100%) success on Clivia seeds and it worked so well, we used it for other seeds now.

10. If the seedlings are consuming too much water and the tissue is drying out, wet again, and pour off the excess water.

11. Even a simple breath of air can contaminate the seedlings, hence the reason to use an anti-bacterial/anti fungal product.

I won't go into all the ins and outs of the horse/dog/cat/kitchen sink/personal injuries areas of use for the product as the post would be too long, but rest assured they are many and varied.

Cheers,
    Tangrams

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.