PUR 33.3% 0.2¢ pursuit minerals ltd

PUR's "Julimar Discovery" in Calingiri East?, page-345

1. 6,604 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2852
    A few general bits and pieces though I am not expert and still make investment mistakes often on a weekly basis.

If you want to use HC as a tool to help you choose stocks get to know the site.

At the top are banners with Forums and Topics amongst other things. surf around, get to know the site, I even glance at sport politics and humour occasionally but what you look at is up to you.

Day trading thread mentions a lot of stocks but a good general warning would be believe very little of you see posted there especially until you get to know the posters and stocks better.

Remember its day trading and they often want to sell to someone else in a very short term at a profit, if you are a newbie do you want that person to be you? Ha ha!

The general stocks threads just like this one will generally lead to other stocks in the same sector...ie a lot of Pursuit maps give prominent mention of other companies doing the same thing as us which at this time is mostly looking for WA PGE elements.

Our company maps mention half a dozen (at least) other companies looking for the same stuff.

If you are just doing this for fun have a small bet on as many different companies as you like, you will never make real life changing money that way but you may learn a lot and you may have fun and also the odd decent winner..

Ive done best when I have concentrated most capital on one or a very small number of companies.

Personally I do best when I sell underperforming stocks and concentrate my money on stocks that are trending well.

Never take it personally, a stock you put 2k in and is now worth 1k a year later does not own you. Its your own silly fault or just plain bad luck for investing in it in the first place..

You can be stubborn and tie that money up in that stock for years as "it owes you" but its not a successful approach IMO.

Be prepared at times to cut losses. But also have a realistic timeframe before investing, give stocks a fair chance to progress.

Im straying and indulging in general chat here, back on exactly what you have asked.

Surf HC.

Ask family , friends anyone you know with informed views. Don't believe everything you read on HC , not from anyone on web chat sites until you get to know who's who. And even then make your own choices.

Nobody has a crystal ball here.

Stick to stocks or commodities at least that interest you and you have some understanding of.

Minerals are relatively easy to understand, Biotech (unless you are a doctor or Bio Chemist) less so IMO.

Remember you can't be in everything.

You don't need to be in everything.

If you try to buy and sell small parcels often in many stocks as a novice you will probably soon have no money left..;(

Identify your strengths, what is your knowledge base and that of you friend/family group?

Buy stuff that seems to be going up in sectors that seem to be going up.

Remember to sell...much harder than it sounds...Im not good at it myself though I am quite good at finding good stocks with decent potential, but am much worse at selling well than buying well. So know your goals.

Remember you are not collecting stocks here as some people collect, I dunno... beer coasters or tea towels, you are here to make a profit, don't get too attached, its not a footy team its a stock!

Keep humility and self humour, know luck is involved when you do hit a winner.

My experience tells me to stay clear of investing in inventions ....more chance of doing your money there than Biotech and take even longer to develop...

Back on topic there are publications you can get, e publications you can subscribe to, newspapers have stock tips but your best tips will come from people you personally know as a rule or your own research with HC being a useful part of that.

So back on your original question Surf all around HC, you may be surprised where useful info comes from.

And surf around the stock/s you invest in i.e. their websites.

Google Directors names, good to check they have no criminal records or hang out with mafia (yes there are ASX listed companies with directors that may not pass that test) but more importantly and commonly sometimes you see directors of the first company you invest in are also Directors of other companies you find interesting, usually in a similar sector.

Ok enough rambling from me but it was a genuine question so I tried to give a broad answer.

Good luck, there is no hurry, remember when you are not certain or at least fairly sure something is a good investment there is nothing wrong with leaving money in the bank or on the mortgage ...

I wish you every success, I think you have started with a very promising stock for potential good capital growth in Pursuit.

Have fun..
    Last edited by tretchikoff: 18/03/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PUR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.2¢
Change
-0.001(33.3%)
Mkt cap ! $7.270M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.2¢ 0.3¢ 0.2¢ $4.902K 2.336M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
64 44864964 0.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.3¢ 30495492 36
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.43pm 10/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PUR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.