GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

Put SDV on hold and spend the cash on something else?, page-2

1. 749 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 462
    My $0.02,

A lot rests on the POSCO $280m clearing. Despite how little risk it may be, it's either completed, or not.

once they have $400m sitting there, things will heat up:

- SdV investors on the fence put in their offers now that money is cleared and GXY share of the project is derisked

- Any opportunistic takeovers come out of the woodworks (I'd put forth POSCO or heck, even MIN as interested parties)

- Considering the delayed Final Investment Decision for SdV, I can see them announce a $40m or $80m buyback of undisclosed amount and end date. Fund the shortfall from the extra year of mt.cattlin production - easy. And yes, it's detrimental long term, but so is share price falling too far exposing GXY to a hostile or manipulated takeover.

However, I honestly suspect things will start moving fast once POSCO Transaction completes...

Exciting times and the risk to reward ratio looks bloody brilliant right now.

Opening a new short right now seems risky. all it takes is a macro environment improvement which Trump and Xi must be starting to feel a lot of heat to deliver. Or any of the three bullets.

and on the downward side, even our friend Asb83 thinks $1.80 is a fair price, so 10% downside, 50%+ upside...not long to go and definitely oversold IMHO.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.