PYC 0.00% 9.2¢ pyc therapeutics limited

I don’t think that it’s been discussed here before, but under...

1. 5,766 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 16251
    I don’t think that it’s been discussed here before, but under the US Inflation Reduction Act (IRA), now passed into law and in action, PYC’s pipeline of drugs is likely to have added value and attraction to potential licensees/acquirers.

Under the IRA drug price negotiation provisions, small molecule drugs and biologics are treated differently.

Small molecule drugs can be forced to the table for price negotiation after 9 years on the market, whereas biologics are given a reprieve until 13 years.

Big pharma is already making drug pipeline decisions influenced in part by the IRA “pill penalty” provisions. Put simply, small molecules have become less attractive.

In one example, company leaders at Pfizer have suggested that the mix of small molecule drugs in its cancer portfolio will plummet from 94% in 2023 to just 35% in 2030.

Obviously, Pfizer will not be the only pharma adjusting its small molecule/biologic mix in response to the IRA and oncology will not be the only therapeutic area impacted.

As PYC’s assets will have not only the 7 year market exclusivity conferred by orphan drug designation, but also 13 year protection from mandatory price negotiation, their value and attraction will be heightened.

https://www.biospace.com/article/ir...on-to-focus-on-biologics-not-small-molecules/

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.2¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $411.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 38300 9.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.4¢ 420937 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.08am 29/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.