PYC 7.41% 14.5¢ pyc therapeutics limited

Can I be my usual confrontational self here and make a...

1. 1,162 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 212

Can I be my usual confrontational self here and make a comparison so you may be able to view PYC from another angle.

IMU would be an appropriate comparison to PYC as far as another company that would be relatable as far as MC, COBS and “promise” goes. However in junkyard dog experience, IMU are in another league. IMU have already had their “shiny new bus moment” of potential and promise, with investors so enamoured by the story, sent their shares trading into the 60c range, their engine armed with a swag of pre trial assets promising the end of cancer. Today, armed with these very same assets (and more), they have new settled into the “reality” of the Botswana bog trail in trying to get their now very dirty bus to the destination, and a 5c share price to boot. Anyone could have chosen to ride this bus up until the bitumen hit the gravel, and would have probably done well. Anyone that decided to board this bus when the tyres hit gravel are probably the most disappointed thus far. The irony of all this is that arguably its greatest asset was acquired very recently by way of accident and introduced to them by a sister company’s now resigned CEO. So now in IMU, you have a potentially investable company that is going through the “dissolution and doubt” phase.

My point is, relating it back to PYC, is that IMO PYC is a shiny new bus that’s just pulled out of the factory heading down that beautifully tarred road, and who knows when the bus will cross that line to when the bitumen will hit the gravel.

They certainly haven’t yet, so this very well could be a 30c stock in a year, but a 3c stock in 2 years, and ironically at which point could be truly way more de risked from a number of points of view (especially price to risk).

The bullishness and willingness of investors to gobble down these illusions of probability risk aversion as advertised by the company are certainly adding to the alarm bells ringing in my simple brain.

And as you can read, I’m not saying PYC won’t eventually “make it”. A lot has to go right, and most of it beyond their control.

As it stands today, the jaws of optionality exists at a lower price point to take that first “smooth” ride (in which I’d be ever alert to jump off the bus) but at this price the risk premium is waaaaaaaayyyyyy more than I am comfortable with.

I’m neither a holder of IMU or PYC btw. DYOR.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
14.5¢
Change
0.010(7.41%)
Mkt cap ! $676.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
13.5¢ 15.0¢ 13.5¢ $1.160M 8.003M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 344302 14.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
14.5¢ 42942 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.