PYC 11.5% 14.5¢ pyc therapeutics limited

There is one thing that concerns me. It shouldn’t, because there...

1. 5,155 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1102
    There is one thing that concerns me. It shouldn’t, because there is bugger-all I can do about it. It’s the galloping debt level of the USA. Currently at about $35 TRILLION and rising almost vertically. (I always get worried when I see graphs doing that…it’s unsustainable.)
    So we’ve got about 3 full years (maybe more) until we get near to marketing the treatment for PKD. A lot can happen in that time.
    What happens if the USA’s debt becomes too big to handle? Well, I’m no economic expert for sure, but I understand it’s one of 2 things:
    1) The USA defaults on it’s loan repayments. (This would be catastrophic for the USA and for world markets.)
    2) The USA deliberately devalues its dollar to “inflate away” the problem. (It’s easier to repay debt with devalued currency.) And it may be that #1 leads to #2 anyway.

In that case, I guess our shares might be worth a lot of dollars on paper, but the buy
    ing power of that fiat currency might be severely weakened.

This developing situation might be why many Central Banks are selling off their US Bonds and buying gold instead.

Government default of loan repayments is rare but not unknown; Russia went through a severe Ruble devaluation after defaulting in 1998.

I just wish I could see the future!
    Cheers
    FHC

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
14.5¢
Change
0.015(11.5%)
Mkt cap ! $676.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
13.0¢ 14.5¢ 12.5¢ $663.7K 4.832M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 135100 13.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
14.5¢ 785480 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.