python strangles security gaurd in bali

1. 8,527 Posts.

This news item just in from a USA Today source.

"BALI, Indonesia — A python strangled a security guard near a luxury hotel on Indonesia's resort island of Bali on Friday, and then escaped into nearby bushes following the deadly attack, police and a hotel employee who witnessed the incident said."

No, not a joke. This 15 foot python suffocated this poor 59 year old local security guard (who is named in the full report) who'd been trying to help others catch it - others either couldn't or wouldn't try to save him, it says.
    This tragedy happened about 3am around the vicinity of the Bali Hyatt Hotel, Sanur, grounds - and the restaurant opposite - a very nice upmarket Chinese food eatery if its the one I think - this hotel is currently closed for renos until 2015. (Where were the chefs and their cleavers when they're needed one could ask??)

As many people would, I have relatives who've just landed in Bali for hols. A little off-putting for any Bali newbies. And have stayed at this hotel several times ourselves, over a length period. Last place you'd think of something like this happening - even if closed. SO much activity.

The snake got away afterwards and slithered off into bushes. Police still searching. (How hard I'd ask?) Such an event very rare, it's said.

Shows one can never be TOO careful. See python, and run?

This is quite a well-populated busy area, now - compared to the "old" days.

Poor man.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.