RAC 5.59% $1.70 race oncology ltd

One of the constant issues when investing, unless you get in at...

1. 478 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 876
    One of the constant issues when investing, unless you get in at IPO, or when a company is VERY high risk/ low cost, is that we compare what we're getting for our hard earned, to those that new about and took the risk on a company early. But for those lucky (or considered) few, we probably all regret not getting in sooner, and yet inevitably, there are others looking at us with the same sense of regret.

RAC was brought to my attention by a mate who's business took a considerable position, and I had the chance to get in way before the 50c that my initial purchase was made at. But I chose to wait for some trial results to de-risk it a little, and paid, at the time, what I considered a calculated premium.

RAC will be a constant de-risk vs price conundrum, until it eventually doesn't work out and fades away, or, more likely in my opinion, gets to the point of buy out by big pharma. The question I'd be asking is: at this price, with this many holders, this market cap, this management team and based on the data at hand, is it a good investment?

The answer in my mind, even if I stumbled on RAC today, would be a resounding yes. We know through historic trials that Bisantrene works, at least in one of the pillars being targeted. Given that human DNA hasn't changed in the last 30 years (to any great degree) I'm assuming that in respect of this trial, future results will remain the same. There are of course dosage variables, and choosing the right future trials/ possible partner drugs etc.

Which brings me to the main point of this waffle. RAC has a strong and transparent team behind it that I trust will design appropriate future trials (very important), no debt, low cash burn (at this stage), a road map that has clearly articulated a plan to take this drug so far and then put it into the hands of big pharma, who, when the time and price is right, will take the baton and run with it all the way to big, life changing breakthroughs in cancer treatment.

But most importantly, we have Bisantrene itself. A drug with a proven historical efficacy and safety record, and an ever expanding list of cancers that it looks like being able to treat. NO clinical data to date has suggested anything different Since the legacy trials, it hasn't missed a beat. All indications have been very positive.

In referring to DR T's list of reasons for a drug to fail, RAC and Bisantrene is ticking them off the list, constantly de-risking, and with a multi pillar strategy, any one of which, should it become successful, would see the share price more than likely increase by many multiples from today's levels.

To your point, yes, there is a reasonable way to go from here to final approval/ acceptance, but understanding Bisantrene, and understanding RAC, is understanding that this is not our journey to make. RAC is methodically planning the route, designing the vehicle prototype and handing it on. Big pharma will drive it over the line.

In the scheme of things, our journey with RAC, will be by design, relatively short.

Now park all that.

When RAC released news to the market this morning, I didn't get excited about the price. I sent a screenshot of the release to my wife and said "how potentially life changing is this for anyone suffering from breast cancer?!?!?!" Probably the best reason to buy!

This is a lazy rant, not advice.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RAC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.70
Change
0.090(5.59%)
Mkt cap ! $289.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.60 $1.76 $1.59 $142.7K 84.97K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 17175 $1.70

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.77 6060 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RAC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.