q & a on climate debate, page-23

1. 47,951 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    innocentcarbon

Re your post which included;
    "Lapdog, some of what you say is true but a bit confused by the religious intolerance bit. Seems allot on here despise TA as he is a Catholic, but no bother. Or maybe you meant refusing to be usurped by Muslim hoards is intolerant? ..."

My post had nothing to do with Tony Abbott's religion nor made any reference to him. My point was that Europe is struggling with a lot of issues - of which religious intolerance is just one of many.

I agree with you that throughout Europe - not just Spain - governments have racked up huge GDP% debts. As for the finger pointing stuff on antiquated infrastructure, well if they keep everything the Romans, Greeks, Moors etc. built they accept what goes with that - massive & recurring maintenance & preservation costs.

Now having travelled a fair bit throughout Europe I admit to loving places like Siena, Venice, Salamanca & Edinburgh but as the Spanish people recognised; old cities like Madrid & Barcelona still need renewal or infrastructure decay translates to toxic debt & urban disaster.

Given the impact of the GFC on tourism Europeans are confronted with the challenge of economic survival while preserving heritage.

I regard La Familia Sagrada in Barcelona [URL below] as one of the most magnificent structures ever built but boy is it soaking up precious financial resources in a country deep in debt, drowned in unemployment & offering its youth little hope for the foreseeable future.

Somewhere along the line European nations have to take stock & invest in more productive practices that are sustainable, while also addressing that massive issue of energy security & environmental sustainability.

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=familia+sagrada&hl=en&qscrl=1&nord=1&rlz=1T4ADRA_enAU406AU406&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=npSaT4GfHI-QiAeS2cToDg&sqi=2&ved=0CEkQsAQ&biw=1680&bih=837

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.