LYC 0.23% $6.39 lynas rare earths limited

q&a snippets from agm question time

1. 3,760 Posts.
    I'll try to put a couple more up.

Question time was very informative on many levels, beyond obviously the actual questions and answers.

SMSL and Anti-Lynas were very obvious (and in my opinion) rather silly.

This was an interesting exchange. It went on for about 4 minutes.

Now this is to the best of my recollection only. No guarantee as to accuracy of information.

QUESTION

Is Lynas ready to co-operate with the local community by supplying to the request for sample of the ore shipment and also all the data on all its emissions air, water, and liquid because we know that in this industry only Lynas discharges liquid waste into a nearby river, which eventually flows into the South China Sea.

We have been very concerned about discharges by this company. And we have attempted to acquire data from Lynas as well as from DOE department of environment but none was available and even when we, we did our own tests and acquired the attached and asked for data to compare…..which came to us???….(not quite discernable)

CHAIRMAN

Sir…Mr. Tung(trying to interject).

QUESTION

I’m asking whether Lynas is ready to co-operate

CHAIRMAN

Sir, (again interjecting) on the 1st of August of this year there was a detailed emissions report that was publicly made available. I am not sure whether you have taken the time to look at it but it has the data. Plus our data is online real time. In many respects we are very very transparent with all of that.

We have no sense that we want to…..quite the contrary…..hide anything from the community. I think your group has been invite at appropriate times to come visit the plant I don’t think they’ve taken up that opportunity at those times. We are more than happy to be engaged in a civil debate about that.

(Very emphatic) We are as concerned about ensuring that there is no damage to the environment as you are.

QUESTION

We are very concerned….

CHAIRMAN

Yes well we understand your concern. We think the facts prove and the facts identify, and the processes we’ve put in place identify that we can effectively have industry and protect the environment.

QUESTION

Not discernable…(trying to interject)

CHAIRMAN

Those two things are not mutually exclusive.

QUESTION

Mr. Chairman don’t you think that the facts should be verified by the third party?

Lynas CEO interjects now….

CEO

Sir can I…..Sorry I cannot just let you say that (emphatic).

Its…..you say you ask data or whatever, you didn’t. So…that’s the first thing.
    The second was…. we don’t provide data (emphatic) to anyone. We are the third party (emphasis).

The Department of Environment….its not for Lynas…any industries…is going to independent experts….taking samples regularly. We issue the data on our website with the DOE helping but THEY are taking samples. Any industrial players is a central third party.

It is obvious. And you should know that. So I don’t understand why you’re making those statements again and again.

QUESTION

I….I….

CEO

Please, sir, please you listen my answer. You continue saying something about We don’t do, we don’t do, and this isn’t correct. It is impossible to discuss.

You asked to visit the site last year. The Chairman invited you publicly. And you say the letter went two weeks ago.

We invited you to come. We had a flight available. In fact a few days to come we didn’t receive an answer.

QUESTION

Can I correct that?

CEO

That’s the situation

QUESTION

Can I correct that? We didn’t write to Lynas. We wrote to the deputy minister who is in charge of science and technology. And he said in the parliament when we hand in a memorandum….

Back to the Chairman now

CHAIRMAN

Sorry, sorry, Mr. Tung (interjecting) we are at a shareholder meeting not a lobby meeting for Save Malaysia Stop Lynas so lets stay with shareholder business.

QUESTION

The people, the community……they will continue to protest as long as Lynas….does become a comfortable and transparent….

CHAIRMAN

To the extent that you represent a valid civil society movement within the Malaysian community, you represent we believe a very small proportion, but to the extent that you represent that, we are happy to engage with you as we would engage with any civil society organisation. Transparently, openly and honestly.

QUESTION

That is….(trying to interrupt)

CHAIRMAN

Lets make sure that that is mutually respected. Transparent, Open and Honest (emphasis on each word). Let’s make sure that’s mutually respected.

Raucous applause for the Chairman.

CHAIRMAN

Next question.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.39
Change
-0.015(0.23%)
Mkt cap ! $5.977B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.47 $6.48 $6.34 $13.34M 2.076M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
60 23835 $6.38

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.39 10408 20
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.30pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.