Q&A tonight .. free speech advocate Mark Steyn, page-125

1. 11,084 Posts.
    You should have posted the whole letter as below, for Rod Halsted's contextual meaning;

"Bully boy Kevin Rudd

I SEE bully-boy Kevin Rudd is weighing in on the issue that just won't go away, the Adam Goodes racism saga.
    By Rudd's own admission he has zero knowledge of AFL and, presumably, the players, past and present.
    Here's a question for you Mr Failed Ex-Prime Minister. Please name me another player in either AFL or NRL who has been booed the way Goodes was.
    Try Polly Farmer, the Riolis, Jonathon Thurston, Artie Beetson, Lance Franklin, Gavin Wanganeen, the Ella brothers? None of them.
    How about Cathy Freeman, Patrick Johnson or Kyle Vander-Kuyp? No Kevin, they aren't footballers but athletes, but they are of Aboriginal stock.
    As was Darby McCarthy the former jockey who was booed every time he came back to scale on a losing favourite. As was and is every white jockey who doesn't deliver the goods.
    The fact is both you and Stan Grant are using this divisive issue to further your own political agenda. Ego over the best interests of the nation you failed to serve well.
    Mr Rudd you have a reputation for bullying second to none so answer me this, would it be fair to say that direct one-on-one bullying is the equal to, or worse than, a low, steady hum of racism?

Put it this way: If you are a racist feel free to apologise as often as you like but don't presume to apologise on my behalf. I'm not racist, my kids, friends, family aren't racist. My mother, back in the late '50s pulled up one of my Dad's mates for making a racist remark about Winifred Atwell, the brilliant Black American pianist.

Yes, that fellow was racist and no doubt many others are residing in Australia today, both white and black. But not a majority or anything close to it. Get a grip. Address your massive ego, do something to build your non existent self esteem and attend to your own behaviour Kev.
    ROD HALSTED, Albury "

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.