PET 0.00% 2.5¢ phoslock environmental technologies limited

Q&A with Graeme Newing, page-18

1. DEP
    131 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 68
    If I understand you correctly, you imply that members of the current board acted on privaleged (ie inside) information to sell shares during 2023, and especially during the course of the last 9 days trading, in advance of the suspension on Aug 14th ( your "some just have good mates" comment).

ASX releases during FY22 and the FY22 annual report itself detailed all Director holdings totaling 4,412,290 shares and additionally, the 69,483,912 shares held by Freedman (11.13% mainly held through LInk Traders) as a substantial shareholder. Yet there were no ASX releases made in 2023 to record sales from any of these individuals, that I can see. Note that PET reported their financial year as ending 31 December.

I suppose it is possible that the ASX did not receive or did not record such sales, and/or some individuals decided to make sales outside the rules. I find these options to be highly unlikely, especially given the effort and extent the board and management went to clean up PET's business procedures.

So my conclusion on this is that nothing illegal occurred re director share sales, but the assertion does serve to throw oil on the fire of conspiracy theory.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PET (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.