q & a, page-58

1. 30,330 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1837
    disco stu:

Shock! horror!....after crossing swords with you on almost a daily basis when the big change was on to the "new beaut HC format", I find myself in furious agreement with most of what you say here, in particular about Lindsay Tanner who was a massive talent in the ALP.

A major amount of talent was lost over the last leadership change, which means the coalition who have been rehearsing their lines for months, are running a much more disciplined and targeted campaign, full of very manipulative messages and with a lack of substance and binding statements. They also have a massive tailwind from the Murdoch press.

However I don't think Shorten performed particularly well. He just doesn't understand the issues about what is so wrong with the Murdoch papers' approach. i.e. It's fine for them to have an opinion, and that's for the editorial pages, but they must separate this from their a duty to inform, and report the facts so people can make their own minds up on them.

Kellys' argument that the papers simply reflect the government not being good enough totally misses this crucial point. One which Shorten failed to make clearly.

The papers have been feeding factoids, not facts, and propaganda. People reading Murdoch press have been on a starvation diet about ALP policy and what really went on at different events. The distortion is something that any Politburo would be proud of...it's truly ironic.

The ABC has been remarkably fair, and all Tony Jones was doing was try to give Shorten some airtime, which he hasn't been getting in other media.

Kelly is a bully, with a born to rule attitude and who talks over Tony Jones every time she is on Q&A. This time was different.

The coalition can't wait to stack the ABC Board with their own and dismantle it.

Let's hope people wake up to Abbott & co before it's too late.

I'm going to be one of those who says don't complain to me, I didn't vote for them!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.