QFX 0.00% 0.1¢ quickflix limited

It's the battle of the century, and the front line is your...

1. 138 Posts.

It's the battle of the century, and the front line is your living room. Billions are at stake as media giants, tech titans and Internet innovators revolutionize the future of television.
    CNBC

Remember quickflix is not in the TV business it is in the entertainment business!

Interested to invest in this sector but keeping an eye on what the big boys are doing first.

Robert Kyncl — VP, Global Content, YouTube

For Robert Kyncl, the future is about expanding the breadth of content through partnerships. YouTubeplans to do just that by partnering with a diverse group of producers to create original YouTube channels.

"Quality can come from anywhere. It can come from users, pros, semi-pros,” Kyncl told CNBC. “We want to make sure that we have all of them, that we don't have just one class of content creators, that we have all of them."

Kyncl says this move will allow the tech giant to explore new opportunities and develop original material that will attract users to niche programming.

"There are many, much more qualified people, whether they're on Madison Avenue or in Hollywood, who are creative,” he said. “And we could never match their skill set. So what we do is we look at things very pragmatically. We look at what our users want with all the data we mine and harness all the data that we have. And we are aiming to delight users."

The YouTube initiative allows producing partners to hold more creative control.

“I think that's what's different from what is happening on TV, where a lot of creators get a lot of creative direction," Kyncl said.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QFX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.