Q and A, why is there not a plan on the real crisis, the debt crisis and economic crisis??, page-7

1. 717 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 23
    I don't know why you are focusing on Q&A specifically here DavoMagic as I see little in any media to suggest there is any interest at all in longer term issues. Not surprising really as we are approaching a decade of governments sticking their heads in the sand rather than addressing anything resembling real reform. Late last decade, people like Ross Garnaut and Ken Henry were warning about Australia's descent into "Dog Days" unless governments took a hard look at the tax system, super, energy policy, productivity, education and infrastructure. Almost everything they said was ignored (or cherry-picked for a few easy "announceables"). The last couple of elections have proven that the Australian public does not want to discuss these issues and will punish anyone who dares to try. The current Government knows this and will "keep a steady ship" while distracting us with irrelevant "culture wars" and then blame "economic headwinds" when growth turns negative. Labor now seems to have given up any pretence of being a party of reform and ideas. It would be depressing (for me) to hear genuine experts, or even well-informed lay people, debating reforms while knowing that those who are in a position to do anything about it are not listening.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.