I agree. Trioli tried to boil down One nation's gun policy to a...

1. 4,227 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 44
    I agree. Trioli tried to boil down One nation's gun policy to a simple gotcha, ie they were "watering down" the gun laws. Then Trioli interrupted Roberts again to get him to explain what One Nation's gun policy actually was when he was already attempting to do just that but was directing his reply to the person who asked the question. I assume Trioli would have preferred to fight it out with Roberts on her own and stuff everyone else.

Regarding the NRA, Trioli makes the fatal mistake of using the Four Corners hit piece on One nation as her sole source of information. Roberts tries to tell her that the show was featuring some discussions out of context and, importantly, there was no agreement to accept funding from the NRA.

Let's face it, these sorts of discussions can go down various paths as participants try to discover each other's true objectives, draw out information and strategies from the other side, find out what's possible, discover the limits, authenticity, and so on. Some of it will involve some acting from both sides. In the end it's the final agreements that count and from what I gather there was no agreement to accept funding from the NRA or to use their strategies. But all participants would have learnt a lot.

BTW, it was so refreshing to watch the ABC morning show over Xmas when Lisa Millar filled in for Virginia Trioli, for about three months I think it was.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.