No-one is perfectly "neutral". ....... Its an ideal to aspire...

1. 41,379 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 642
    No-one is perfectly "neutral". ....... Its an ideal to aspire for rather than something that is humanly possible. We all have our biases and ideologies unless one is brain-dead.

So are you referring to the Ingsoc logo in the first part of your post and then veering onto QandA? The show is as I've described it - balanced in that both arbitrary "sides" are equally represented. This is keeping with the ABC Charter. I don't like it when they goo left wing as much as I don't like it when they go right wing ---=> These absurd sides are contrary to sensible and evidenced thinking and enable misrepresentations of reality.

This is why I like and support the ABC - because they adhere to evidence and principles of presenting such without judgement according to ideologies. I despise the left as much as I despise the right for doing this. Yes, I've watched, read Bolt, Jones and Credlin.... but cannot tolerate the absurdities of Latham and Kenny. I haven't seen anything left wing for decades apart from politicians, and they are just as misguided as the right wing pollies.

The extremes think in terms of "magical thinking" as they envision a world where everyone agrees with them and dissent is not allowed. Ingsoc is the extreme right with ultimate censorship and brainwashing necessitating echo-chamber thinking and virtue signalling. This is exemplified in China who are developing the most extreme fascism since WW2. China no longer has anything to do with left wing ideology, thank goodness....

Round and Round it goes alright, and to gather thoughts from ordinary people who aren't attached to a political party is much more enlightening. Academics and scientists of all streams provide better information though rather than opinions.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.