CTV 0.00% 0.8¢ colortv limited

Q2 onwards, page-103

1. 2,989 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4363

"PROGRAMATIC IS THE WAVE OF THE FUTURE"

Interesting article relating to TRADE DESK, the leader in programmatic advertising and the huge market potential and the strong trend of migration to digital advertising. When I read this, I think of Testra and GPT back many years ago as what it means for EN1 in the years to come. I am very confident the announcement of $65k/day revenue in the next few weeks will put a rocket under the sp of EN1.

To read the full article, please google article titled "5 REASONS TO BUY THE TRADE DESK AND HOLD FOR THE LONG TERM"

The following are the major relevant extractions from the article:

1. Tapping into the continuing shift to digital

Advertising continues to move from traditional media like print and broadcast television to the digital realm. In 2019, worldwide digital ad spending is expected to grow nearly 18% year over year to $333 billion and to account for more than 50% of total advertising, according to eMarketer. While those numbers are impressive, consider this: by 2023, global digital ad spending is expected to top $517 billion and make up more than 60% of the total.

The Trade Desk is perfectly positioned to continue to take advantage of this once-in-a-lifetime shift.

2. Programmatic is the wave of the future

Programmatic advertising is among the fastest-growing segments of the digital ad market. The process uses sophisticated algorithms and high-speed computers to automate the process of ad buying and accomplish it in real time while also more accurately presenting ads to the consumers that will most likely act on them.

In 2019, programmatic advertising is expected to grow 19% year over year to more than $84 billion and to account for 65% of all digital advertising. That growth is expected to continue, topping $98 billion by 2020 and making up 68% of all digital ads, according to Zenith Media.

Programmatic is The Trade Desk's bread and butter, and its new Koa AI-based system can run 9 million queries per second to better match target audiences and improve results.

3. The Trade Desk is growing even faster

The trend to digital and programmatic solutions presents a massive opportunity, and no company is capitalizing on that better than The Trade Desk. In 2018, the company grew revenue by 55% year over year -- which shows it's stealing market share from incumbents. What makes that growth all the more impressive is that it accelerated from the 52% growth it achieved in 2017.

That growth is being driven by several categories that are soaring. Ads on connected TVs grew 800% year over year in 2018, while audio grew 230%. Mobile ads are also ripe for growth, with mobile video up 130% and mobile in-app increasing 90%, both year over year.

With just $477 million in revenue last year, The Trade Desk has plenty of room to grow.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTV (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.