QAN 0.49% $6.06 qantas airways limited

1973'glad we agree on the 71% thing. Don't get me wrong, I am...

1. 793 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    1973'

glad we agree on the 71% thing. Don't get me wrong, I am all for paying good wages to GOOD Management, problem is, AJ is not a good manager IMO. I think the yearly results and numbers (profits and share price) speak for themselves. The closure of QF was a dibacle that costn more than $250m, money Qantas can hardly throw away. Oh yeah, internally, the engagement surveys have been appalling for a number of years now, not good for the company!

I think the point in KPI's that DBL was expressing is that with QAN managers, yes the KPI's do get met ( just about always) because the bonuses those managers receive are reliant on the KPI's being met. The only problem is, MANAGERS WILL ENSURE KPI'S ARE MET AT ANY COST, AND OFTEN THAT MEANS UNDOING YEARS OF HARD WORK AND EXPERTISE TO CUT COSTS, THUS ENSURING THE BONUS. DBL has witnessed it, so have I and all the other QAN staff. Managers come (and very often go) once a bonus or two has been achieved through KPI performance. These managers are often referred to as "the visitors", as they are simply found out to be poor managers once they have slashed and burnt everything they can. When nothing is left to slash and burn, they are found wanting like a deer in the headlights and surprise surprise, they are then made an offer they cannot refuse. It is common knowledge within Qantas that to take on a "visitors" - I mean managers job is to put your head on the chopping block, because that is the way management goes at Qantas. Nothing has changed in the years since I started, just glad I get away from it all and can actually enjoy the flying ( I mean work).

Surfrat

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.06
Change
-0.030(0.49%)
Mkt cap ! $9.874B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.08 $6.13 $6.03 $36.94M 6.090M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 64244 $6.06

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.07 17434 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QAN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.