QAN 0.68% $5.88 qantas airways limited

QAN...Charts

1. 2,583 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1879
    Firstly, apologies if other TA'ers have posted relatively recent charts on other QAN Threads. I did a search for Chart Threads for QAN here but latest was back in 2021. Hence the "creation" of a (new) QAN ... Chart Thread.

1stly, I state upfront that I am a non-holder of QAN shares; haven't been for a long time.(since pre-pre-covid). However, I am very interested in how well this stock has 'travelled', from a SP perspective (so not including divis), since Mr. Joyce's tenor began within the company(July 2000) and, more particularly, since his role as CEO(Nov. 2008). Well, putting it bluntly, not too well ... +35% since 2000 BUT, more telling, -VE 12%(as of today's close) since his CEO role.

In fact, looking at a Monthly Chart going back to Nov. 2008(not the one attached below) it has spent a big majority of the time below the $6.40,  the SP at his incoming CEO tenor date. More specifically, the SP(on a Monthly Chart) has had only 9 months (out of a possible 180 mths) since where it has closed above the $6.40H when he took up the position ... Whoopy!

Anyway, back to the charts ... All Timeframes looking sick ATM!

The Monthly shown shows we are fast approaching a long-term breakdown level (~ $5.45) of its Up Trend Wedge (counter Covid low) rally pattern. Break or bounce from near there; who knows? However, it is significant to note that most oscillators, whilst not in Bear territory yet, are starting to strengthen in their weakness (if you understand what I mean). I have shown a 'slow' SSTO. Also, take note of my comment notes on this chart.

QAN_SPsince2000_050923_mthly.jpg

Looking at a WEEKLY Chart ... Many here would have recognised the potential Head 'n Shoulder's Pattern that has been forming over that last 10mths or so. Last week we closed below its neckline and this week that break has been extending (so far). It's minimum measured move(MMM) potential comes in around $4.90. SOooo, if indeed it does play out to its potential IT WILL MEAN that our (L/T) Monthly Rally pattern, shown above, would have also broken down. It doesn't look good for QAN does it! The TA picture is clearly really reflecting the ever-enlightening (threatening) FA picture ... So, TA and FA in sync!

I guess, sell the rallies from here would be the way to go(just an opinion not FIN advice).

QAN_Pattern_050923_Wkly.jpg

GLTASH'ers ...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.88
Change
0.040(0.68%)
Mkt cap ! $9.581B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.87 $5.91 $5.84 $75.93M 12.91M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 127538 $5.87

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.88 6836 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$5.88
  Change
0.040 ( 0.55 %)
Open High Low Volume
$5.87 $5.91 $5.83 1372112
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
QAN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.