QAN 0.68% $5.94 qantas airways limited

qan up up up.., page-2

1. 793 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    mikeyowie,

That is a VERY optimistic view on things! Qantas investors have not seen a DIVI since 2009 and in my opinion, are not likely to see one for at least 12-18 months, and that will only occur if they (management) can turn this thing around and make some $$$$$.

Personally, I am not convinced by Alan Joyce's statement that he will have this thing turned around by the middle of next year. Yes, with some creative accounting we may see an improvement in the QAN profit position but really, that is just going towards making up for the $2.8B loss we just suffered. It will take many years of excellent profit results just to get back to square one. There is probably more chance of winning the lottery at this point than seeing a QAN divi. Would love to wrong on this but don't think I am.

BTW, pax never disappeared, that is the big mystery of QF, in my experience the flights have always been mostly full over the last 5 years, ticket prices are still under pressure from the opposition carriers, so what has changed (apart from exchange rate fluctuations) that will bring QAN back to profit?

Surfrat

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.94
Change
0.040(0.68%)
Mkt cap ! $9.678B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.92 $5.95 $5.89 $13.41M 2.260M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
10 194441 $5.93

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.95 37856 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QAN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.