QAN 2.24% $6.86 qantas airways limited

Hi Scottaru,You may know a little about the industry just as I...

1. 5,851 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 711
    Hi Scottaru,

You may know a little about the industry just as I do.
    You may not own any Qantas shares just as I don't.
    My reference to F.F. points is simply another case where Qantas change ALL rules to suit themselves and for the benefit of shareholders.
    The rules are somewhat not unlike the way the banks operate.
    For example, interest rates increase and the banks can't wait to get you.....next day! to the detriment of (their customers) the investor, or those with loans.
    When interst rates fall, the banks take an eternity to pass it on in exactly the same way.
    If one is a shareholder in these banks then it doesn't quite hurt so much.
    The same can be said with Qantas and fuel charge levies. Any significant increase in oil/fuel charges and guess who can't wait to signal a levy......Qantas!!
    When oil/fuel prices fall, where are Qantas to reduce the levy?
    This has happened numerous times and always with a price spiral effect.
    If you know about the industry then perhaps you know how much Qantas have been raking in since the introduction of membership fees.
    One thing I am certain of is that Qantas would abandon it if it wasn't worth while.
    As for Emirates, I didn't mention them.
    Value for money SIA leave Qantas for dead and it is little wonder why Qantas has been screaming its head off at the thought of SIA invading their space.

You don't deny that Qantas are the most expensive airline in the world and that is the point that I am making. They are simply not that good.

Now we might beg to differ and yes, I acknowledge that they have a great safety record so does that entitle them to be the most expensive. I think not.

Cheers,
    Sally

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.86
Change
0.150(2.24%)
Mkt cap ! $11.06B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.65 $6.87 $6.58 $45.49M 6.730M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 193128 $7.34

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.18 3562 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.59pm 02/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QAN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.