QAN 0.80% $7.42 qantas airways limited

i have been following everyone's comments, but rarely contribute...

1. 40 Posts.
    i have been following everyone's comments, but rarely contribute anything. I guess it is about time.

i think Alan Joyce has $500m cash to return to shareholders, but then the fully franked only qualified around $130m, so he decided to use the rest for buy-back for 4 reasons :
    - cement a strong foundation for increasing sustainable dividend yield by reducing amount of existing shares floating, so that future dividend yield will not be lower than FY18.
    - Increase SP from reducing issued shares, or at least support the SP not to be lower from current SP. This is in line with his objectives, as Mr Joyce has a lot of QAN shares, from his LT bonus.
    - It is a signal to shareholders that the Board and senior management are confident with the future of the business.
    - It is an opportunity for prepayment, in case a major opportunity appears in the future. I am talking about in-organic growth.

QAN is the largest airline in Australia and plays a major role in Australia's transportation industry. Fundamental wise, it is unquestionable, especially with the current balance sheet.

I see the coming pilot institutes as a growth area for QAN. However, it is ashamed that qantas sold it's catering company where costs might increase from there.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.