QAN 0.33% $6.12 qantas airways limited

Janet starts off well but like all rabid right wingers they...

1. 66 Posts.
    Janet starts off well but like all rabid right wingers they always seem to bang on about tiny specks of out of context detail, and hammer the point until the ignorant mindless masses give in and accept the argument.

E.g. the line about qantas share price of $1.54 being a challenge. IMHO they are damn lucky to be at $1.54 because if the TKO went through Qantas would have $9bill debt on its books and followed Allco into the corporate graveyard. (My sincere thanks again to that dear American who forgot Aus is 16 hours ahead so he missed the TKO acceptance deadline on his 5% stake). I'm sure if Qantas did sink under all that debt she would have blamed the union anyway.

Then theres the silly dig at Katter for saying 5000 jobs will go. Has Janet forgot about the multiplier effect? Katter knew full well that only 1000 would be flicked but there would be flow on effects. She's trying to walk both sides of the street saying the economic mulitplier only works when jobs are created. Maths doesn't work that way.

The pilots association is now the pilots 'union' is it? I suppose she will call the Business Council of Australia the Fat Cats Union? Fat chance.

The premise of the article is largely correct, unions of various persuasions have done few favours to Qantas over the years. But Janet is like everyone on the Right. They can't resist taking things too far, stretching the truth a little too much and tripping over themselves in their hasty belief that their ideology is always right.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.12
Change
0.020(0.33%)
Mkt cap ! $9.972B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.12 $6.15 $6.08 $14.00M 2.290M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
10 68170 $6.10

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.12 25980 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QAN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.